Why Should You Join ASME?
(Other Than It's The Best Engineering Organization on Campus)
Joining the student section of ASME at UW-Madison has many benefits, here's just a few:
- Guest speakers at meetings
- Regional conferences
- Plant Tours
- Design Contests
- FREE FOOD
- Leadership opportunities (resume builder)
- If you are currently a freshman its free!
-Joining ASME as a freshman or sophomore provides the opportunity to network with
upperclassmen that are going into the workforce. Many past ASME alumni attend career
connections each fall. Take advantage of this organization; it will provide many options
for your future.
-Joining ASME as a junior or senior provides you a stepping stone for starting a career. ASME at UW-Madison is the number one chapter in the region. We have taken top honors the past 4 out of 5 years. ASME exposes you to guest speakers in all areas of mechanical engineering, networking opportunities and professional membership in ASME after you graduate. Check out the ASME National web site for more information on benefits available after graduation.
Ways to Join ASME:
- Come to any General Meeting where the forms are available.
- Stop by our office (1082 Engineering Centers Building) and fill out a form with your payment.
- Visit the ASME website and fill out the online form (Pay with a credit card).
- Freshman: Free
- 1-Year Membership: $25
- 2nd Semester Membership: $12